SSSL is dedicated to building a strong brand in providing telecommunication services and support in West Africa. Central to achieving this goal is quality assurance.
We are a competency and quality focused company with the ethos to continue to look for ways develop our systems and procedures to ensure we are achieving the highest levels of efficiency and complying with global best industry practices.
At SSSL, the Health and Safety of our staff is not only an industry standard to be complied to, it also has a direct impact on our revenues.
Most of our staff are trained from scratch and the minimum duration for training a new technician is 1-2 years and 6 months for office staff. Based on this assessment, our staff are viewed as an investment, their health and safety is of upmost importance and is not compromised under any circumstance.
As a competence focused company, our model is train, risk assess, implement and re-train.
Some of the measures we implement to ensure the health and safety of our staff include:
- All our offshore staff undergo a yearly medical to ensure that are fit for their role
- All offshore-going staff are put through BOSIET and HUET trainings to ensure they have the survival skills to survive risks they are exposed to
- Risk assessments are conducted for every project
- Our technicians are trained to comply with vessel safety management systems that include but not limited to working at height, hot work permits and toolbox talks for onsite risk assessments
- Our Office and Project administrators undergo certified HSSE training to sufficiently educate them to professionally review and continuously improve SSSL’s safety management system